Friday, January 16, 2015

It's All in the Details, Baby!

Whilst out walking the dogs before Christmas I came across a basketball sized wasp nest laying in the snow.  It's easy to spot these in the winter when the trees are void of leaves.  Someone probably knocked it down with a snow ball or perhaps a stick.  Fair game in winter - quite a different matter to attack a nest in summer.

I took several photos with the regular iPhone camera and some with the Hipstamatic app.  This is my favourite, taken with the Hipstamatic.  Levels and Curves adjustments made in Photoshop CS6.

It was a good thing I got to this nest when I did; when we came along the same trail 24 hours later the nest was still there but in pieces having been stomped on and kicked along the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment