Sunday, August 28, 2011

Watch your stuff!

To all you photographers who travel with a bag of photo gear I advise you to insure it and watch it like a hawk. The other night I had a camera bag containing a few lenses stolen while in a Vienna restaurant. We were with friends in an outdoor cafe and we have pieced together what happened; very sneaky people these thieves. The polizei told us they have a problem with thieves coming from nations to the east who prey on tourists.

The bag was hanging on the back of my chair. A young couple came in - she was pregnant and wearing a lot of flowing scarves. They sat down at the table behind us for a moment and were told the restaurant was closing. When they stood up she grabbed the bag and tucked it under the scarves and away they went. I felt nothing and and no one else at our table suspected a thing. I had the camera and one lens out of the bag so I still have that. So I have some shopping to do when I get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment