Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Something from Nothin'

In yesterday's post I discussed the aesthetic attributes of a car crushing joint that I drive by from time to time.  Today's photo is derived from the sign that stands proudly over the place.

The sign is metal and has been painted over several times; each time with a slightly different colour of paint.  In reality it's an unremarkable thing; not even something you'd take note of as you drive by.  However in the digital age software will find colour where it exists in a photo and this is a good example.

The original photo was shot with the Canon G11.  I loaded the photo into Adobe Lightroom 3.0 and pushed the vibrancy and saturation up to around + 90 and  then cropped the photo.  Then in Photoshop CS4 I used auto levels and auto curves to give me this image.

I think the end result looks like a modern abstract painting; I'm quite please with the result. 

No comments:

Post a Comment