Saturday, March 5, 2011

From the Vault

Recently I was complaining to a fellow photographer about my old tri-pod head.  In this photo, if you look really closely, you can see the source of my complaint; when the camera is rotated on the vertical axis it is no longer centred on the tri-pod making it unstable.  When on a slippery, sloped surface (=ice) and with a bit of a wind it is not a happy circumstance.  I had to make sure the tri-pod legs were jammed into the cracks of the ice to make this photo possible.   I also had to say a little prayer that my gear would not become part of the distant landscape.  I have this problem solved now (most problems it seems can be remedied by spending money).  No fair advertising in this forum though so if you want to know my solution shoot me an e-mail and I will tell all.

No comments:

Post a Comment