Saturday, December 7, 2013
An interesting challenge
I was most concerned with the reflection of the light fixture. In the end the use of two remote strobes pretty much killed the reflection. I moved the strobes around a bit so that I'd get several images that I could blend to obtain an even exposure. To deal with the windows on the left I simple arranged to take the photo after dark. I used my tri-pod mounted Canon 1Dx and 24mm TSE lens for this shot. The strobes used were Canon 580EX units triggered via Pocketwizard transmitters. I selected f8 for the aperture to guarantee sharpness. At 100% magnification every thread in the quilt is visible.