Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Recent Projects

I have a corporate client that uses these kinds of photos in their marketing endeavours.  This is Scott; who I know through other channels besides photographically.  There are a couple of ways to achieve this kind of photo; you can photograph the subject against an all white background or you can use a chroma key background (these are usually green) and cut the subject out after.  Because I took this on site and not in a studio and I did not want to lug along a bunch of extra backdrop stuff I simply positioned Scott in front of a fairly plain wall.  I used to Elinchrom strobes triggered remotely to light him.  Then, I digitally 'cut' Scott out using Topaz Remask software.  Then I placed the cut selection onto a white background.

Canon 1Dx with Canon 85mm L series lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment