Sunday, February 17, 2013

A Walk in the Woods

I would say that 3 times out of 5 I take a camera along when I'm out walking our dogs.  Sometimes I take a load of photos and other times I never take it out of my pocket; all depends on how motivated I am, if the dogs are cooperative and to some degree how many people are around.  This photo was taken on one of these walks on a day were there were loads of wispy clouds around.  What struck me about this scene was how the branches on this tree had the same wispy quality as the clouds above.  So I tried to find a vantage point that this could be shown to best effect.  In my mind this was destined to be a high contrast black and white image.  Sometimes these things work out exactly as planned, as is the case here.

Canon G15, black and white conversion made with Nik Silver Efex Pro.

No comments:

Post a Comment