Monday, June 20, 2011

Jasper Event Photography

I am always amazed that whenever a public figure is photographed by media photographers that despite the hundreds of photos taken the one that appears in the paper the following day makes the speaker look like a buffoon.  I was determined not to present such images of the speakers who I photographed during the course of my event photography assignment.

Turns out it is harder than it looks.  When we speak our mouths take on contortions and the moment people pause in their presentation they tend to look down at their notes.  I thought this photo was a fair representation of the Hon. Gene Zwozdesky, Minister of Health, photographed as he addressed the AGM of the Alberta College of Pharmacists.

Canon 40D with Canon 70-200mm f2.8L lens, Canon 580II EX flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment