Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Springtime in Alberta

My sidekick Parker (the golden retriever) and I recently took a day long photo trip to the country side north of Edmonton. It was a target rich environment; lots of accessible fields, big fluffy clouds and the landscape adorned with new fallen snow and lots of standing water. It was a great day out and I have loads of images to share.

On the drive out I was listening to 'Wide Cut Country' on CKUA radio (http://www.ckua.com/).  The host, Allison Brock, played Ian Tyson's 'Springtime in Alberta' ('warm sunny days endless skies of blue/then without a warnin'/another winter storm comes raging through...Springtime in Alberta/chills me to the bone') so that'll be the theme to these photos.

First up is this shot. The colours were so subtle in the colour image that I opted for black and white for the final version.

Canon 5DII with Canon 70-200mm f2.8 lens set to 78mmm, f16 at 1/40 sec. Singh Ray LB Warming Polarizer; handheld. RAW file edit in Adobe Lightroom 3; Black and white conversion with Nik Silver Efex Pro. Final touch ups with Adobe Photoshop CS4.

No comments:

Post a Comment