Sunday, December 26, 2010

Black & White Landscapes

Most days I have the Canon G11 with me when I am out walking the dogs.  The oldest dog is Jasper, our 14 year old Golden Retriever.  He is an impatient chap and will not wait for me to stand around and compose photos so I have to work fast and therein lies the challenge.  I usually have the camera set up and ready to go so when I see something appealing I can get it out quickly and shoot.   I regard this as a good thing as I don't get a chance to think too much.  Sometimes I come home with nothing but every now and then there's a successful shot.  My favourite thing about this photo is the shadows in the snow in the foreground.

Canon G11, ISO 200, 1/640 sec exposure at F4.5.  Black & White conversion with Nik Silver Efex Pro.

No comments:

Post a Comment